BDRSuite is a powerful backup and disaster recovery software that helps you protect your data across various environments. With a centralized and easy-to-use web console, you can easily back up and recover all your workloads in different environments.
To take advantage of the latest features and enhancements, download BDRSuite v5.5.0 today. If you’re already a BDRSuite customer, refer to the Software Update Guide to upgrade your servers, clients, and agents.
Major new features in BDRSuite v5.5.0
There are several new features in BDRSuite v5.5.0 that you won’t want to miss:
- Support for VMware vSphere v8.x: BDRSuite now supports Backup and Replication for virtual machines running on the latest version of VMware vSphere v8.x. Which is always something you want to consider before upgrading your vSphere environment.
- Google Cloud as Backup Repository: BDRSuite now supports Google Cloud Storage (Object Storage) as a repository for storing backup data, backup copy data, and offsite copy data. This allows users to store backup data, backup copy, and offsite copy data in Google Cloud, in addition to other cloud storage options like Amazon S3, Azure Blog, and S3 Compatible storage solutions like Wasabi, MinIO, and more.
- ConnectWise Integration: BDRSuite now supports integration with ConnectWise, allowing you to create service tickets automatically in ConnectWise Manage for BDRSuite activities. Tickets can be created for various tasks (Backup/Restore/Replication) and different task statuses (Success/Failed/Warning) on relevant service boards. This feature is particularly useful for keeping track of backup and restore tasks, as well as monitoring the status of these tasks.
- Backup and Recovery of VMware VM Templates: BDRSuite for VMware now supports backup for VMware VM Templates. VM Templates will now appear in the list of VMware ESXi/vCenter entities that can be selected for backup, and you can configure backup for them and restore when needed.
- Backup and Recovery of Google Workspace Shared Drive: BDRSuite now supports the backup and recovery of Shared Drives in Google Workspace Organizations.
- Backup and Recovery of Microsoft 365 Archive Mailbox: BDRSuite now supports the backup and recovery of user emails in the Archive Mailbox (In-place Archive) of Microsoft 365.
- Deduplication for Microsoft 365 User Mails: BDRSuite now reduces bandwidth and storage utilization by using a mail-level deduplication feature at the source while backing up Microsoft 365 user mailboxes. This helps to avoid transmitting duplicate email data and saves bandwidth and storage.
Other enhancements in BDRSuite v5.5.0
In addition to the new features, there are several enhancements in BDRSuite v5.5.0 that will make it even easier to use:
- Improved VMware Backup Performance: BDRSuite’s VMware backup performance has been increased by 2x.
- VMware CBT Reset: BDRSuite now supports resetting the Changed Block Tracking (CBT) for VMware backups.
- Parallel Disk Image Backup: BDRSuite now supports parallel disk image backups, which can help to improve backup performance.
- Parallel Synthetic Full Backup: BDRSuite now supports parallel synthetic full backups, which can also help to improve backup performance.
- Auxiliary Applications for Microsoft 365 Backup: BDRSuite now supports auxiliary applications for Microsoft 365 backups, which can help to improve backup performance.
- Restore to a mailbox in a different organization
Wrapping it up
Overall, BDRSuite v5.5.0 is a powerful update that offers a wide range of new features and enhancements to help users protect their data and maintain the availability of their systems. Whether you’re using BDRSuite for VMware, Microsoft 365, or Google Workspace, this update will provide valuable new capabilities and improved performance.
If you want to go ahead and take the latest release of BDRSuite for a spin, you can download it here (click).